More information on WCCFC trails can be found on the WCCFC Trails Page that is part of our main site.
Tips for using the trail maps on your mobile device:
- For best results, load the mobile Google Maps app onto your device. Surf to m.Google.com/maps with your mobile browser and download the free app. It seems to know if you have an Android or BlackBerry device. I'm sure it loads the correct app for Apple devices.
- If you don't have the app loaded, these links will access the map using your browser. You can see the maps, but the GPS "you-are-here" functionality does not work on Android or BlackBerry devices with the browser app.
- If you have a Google account, log-in and you can save the map to My Places by opening the Listing button and clicking "Save to My Places". You can call it up later by going to Layers, then My Places.
- When Android users access these links, they will be asked if they'd like to open the link using the browser app or the Google Maps app. Pick the Google Maps app so you can use your GPS (if your device has this feature).
- Note for BlackBerry users: The links from this site will only opening using the browser app. Save the map to My Places, close the browser and open the Google Map app to get the GPS functionality.
- I've not had a chance to use it on an Apple device yet, so let me (Rusty) know how it works.
- I've only been able to test this on a few devices, so let me (Rusty) know how it works, or how it doesn't - rusty at thehoppers dot ca
26 January 2014